Draft Bye-Laws For
(A Non-Profit Organization)
1. The purpose of formation of Sainik School Bijapur – Old Boys’ Association of North America (SSBJ-OBA of NA) is to bring together the former students (called Ajeets), teachers and employees of Sainik School Bijapur,
for mutual benefit as well to help financially and morally the alma-mater . Karnataka, India
2. This association shall be a non-profit, charitable trust organization and will contain clauses that enable this organization to be non-profit, charitable trust organization so that the contributions are tax-deductible.
3. Every Student (present and former student who is identified by a roll-number), Teacher (present and former) and Employee (present and former) of the school is considered to be the members of the organization.
4. There shall be no membership fee. However members may contribute to the activities of the association and to overcome basic financial needs such as annual tax filings, registration fees and postage charges.
5. The association shall be governed by six (6) board members. The six members may elect three (3) main office bearers. The office bearers shall be called a President, Vice-President and Secretary.
6. The term of the six (6) board members shall be for two (2) years.
7. It will be the responsibility of the office-bearers and board members to invite the Ajeets and the Teachers to encourage becoming board members for next term, six (6) months before their term expires.
8. If there are more than six (6) nominations, the office-bearers may appoint three (3) volunteers to conduct an election.
9. The association may contribute to Sainik School Bijapur,
in the form of scholarships, prizes, trophies, financial incentives to encourage excellence in all round performance of the students and to students from economically weaker sections Karnataka, India
10. The association may also contribute to Ajeet Trust,
(a non-profit – charitable trust formed with similar objectives) Belgaum, India
11. Any donor may suggest how his contribution may be utilized subject to the bye-laws contained here-in.
12. The association shall work for the welfare of its members in matters such as such as employment, education and medical aid.
13. The association may provide to the school, material contributions such as:
a. Teaching aids
b. Communication equipments
c. Subscription of various books and magazines for the school library
d. Donate Computers and computing aids
e. Contribute towards setting up a 'SSB training Centre'
14. The board members shall meet once every four (4) months to discuss the activities and performance of the school and the needs of its members to discuss how the association may help its members and the school.
15. The board members may play an advisory role in enhancement of the quality of education imparted.
16. The members may volunteer to offer their consultancy and assist concerned authorities such as Local Board of Administration, towards improvement of the school.
17. The association may consider incentives for superlative performance by any member of the school staff on an annual basis.
18. The association shall not be involved in the day to day functioning and the finances of the school.
19. The central body consisting of board members shall carry-out annual fund drive from its members.
20. The association may use, with the permission of the organizers, the Annual OBA Meet as a plat form to invite its members to contribute and to report on its activities.
21. The association must inform every contributor by mail with a financial and activities report every year.
22. The association (board members) may NOT use the funds collected for any type of travel to school or other travel expenses such as taxi, auto, meals etc. All activities are considered purely voluntary.
23. The funds collected may be kept in a Bank in US that has close proximity to the office-bearers.
24. The bank account may be a Savings account and/or Fixed Interest Bearing Accounts.
25. The association may NOT invest in type of trading such as Stock Market, Mutual Funds, etc.
26. The association shall be a well wisher, encourager, facilitator and do-gooder for the Alma Mater besides being a fruitful platform to contribute to the welfare of the school and its members.